Some say variety is the spice of life. However, when we saw the images of this recently completed project, we believe it’s the consistency of design, materials and natural finish that brings this retail environment to life.
Designed by Chicago’s Gensler office, Urban Evolutions provided the following materials and custom fixtures to The Spice House, located on North Wells Street.
- The store features 6” wide solid heart pine flooring we reclaimed from the J.I. Case Factory in Racine, Wisconsin.
- A custom cash wrap constructed out of select and better white oak with custom black finish on two fronts and routed copper paint with a powder coated matte black steel canopy and base.
- Interior walls are lined with several white oak drawer cabinets. Matching white oak shelves were installed above the cabinets. All pieces were finished in premium oil.
- Large and small nesting table bases powder coated in matte black with a solid surface top.*
- Two custom white oak gondolas with powder coated matte black bases and toppers for signage.
- A custom white oak window cabinet display finished in premium oil with a powder coated matte black base (not pictured.)
- Custom two-piece white oak L-shaped seating counter with privacy panel and powder coated matte black steel base (not pictured.)
Learn more about our retail capabilities and contact us for a custom quote.
*Urban Evolutions did not supply solid surface tops on this particular project.
© Tom Harris | Design by Gensler